Linux System Administrator
Dossia is looking for a highly motivated Linux System Administrator to support our technology infrastructure initiatives.
This position will be part of the team responsible for supporting and maintaining Dossia’s Linux servers. The person selected for this position will be primarily responsible for maintaining servers, implementing data backup and systems monitoring strategies in a production environment.
- Install and maintain production and test servers
- Monitor, assess and install hot fixes and patches as necessary.
- Configure, maintain and upgrade server and storage hardware as necessary.
- Maintain server cluster and storage technologies.
- Monitor and assess system performance.
- Contribute to disaster recovery initiatives, including backup and recovery strategies.
- Provide on call support for after hours issues.
- Develop and maintain extensive documentation of technical procedures relating to server administration.
- Configure and maintain data network devices.
- Performs systems administration functions for Dossia’s servers, including administering system-level security procedures.
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system and application software in a production environment.
- Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and communications problems.
- Experience in managing large-scale production infrastructures.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Extensive Linux, Java and Oracle administration experience.
- Knowledge of System V configuration files (preferably in a Redhat environment) and disk partitions.
- Understanding of encryption keys and security.
- Experience with virtualization architectures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data storage technologies (RAID, clustering). Experience with SAN and NAS architectures is highly desirable.
- Experience implementing and maintaining cluster services.
- RHCE certification
- Knowledge of bash scripting, Tomcat, JDK and Apache
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is located at Dossia’s offices in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA.
Dossia is a consortium of large employers united in their goal of providing employees, their dependents, retirees and others in their communities with an independent, lifelong health record.
Dossia is building an independent, secure infrastructure for gathering and securely storing information for lifelong health records. At the request of employees and other eligible individuals, Dossia gathers health data from multiple sources. Employee participation as a Dossia user is completely voluntary and individuals have complete control over who sees their information. Once gathered and securely stored in a decentralized database, health information is continually updated and is available to individuals for life even if they change employers, insurers, or doctors.
The Dossia Founders Group includes AT&T, Applied Materials, BP America, Inc., Cardinal Health, Intel Corporation, Pitney Bowes, sanofi-aventis and Wal-Mart.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send their resume to